- This event has passed.
First-Time Home Buyer’s Speakers Panel
March 21, 2019 @ 6:30 pm - 8:00 pmFree
*Moderated by Liz Schieck*
Drawing on the knowledge of a mortgage specialist, realtor and real estate lawyer, this presentation and discussion will help first-time home buyers find out what they need to know and do to ready themselves to enter the housing market.
A range of topics will be covered:
– Setting realistic home ownership goals
– The basics of your mortgage
– The financing process and requirements
– What to expect from a realtor, the buying process and buyer representation
– Closing with a lawyer – title issues, co-ownership options, closing costs
Participants will leave feeling informed and ready to make smart decisions when it comes to buying their first home.
– Lisa Okun, licensed mortgage agent
– Roger Travassos, real estate agent
– Kristin Carvalho, lawyer specializing in real estate, wills & estates, and Landlord & Tenant law
Moderated by Liz Schieck, certified teacher & financial coach from the New School of Finance, an unbiased financial planning and financial coaching firm based out of Toronto.
Presented as part of Toronto Public Library’s Personal Finance program series. Supported by VISA.
Call 416-393-7674 for more information.